The mission of the Cattaraugus County Arts Council is to promote the creation, presentation, and appreciation of the arts throughout the greater Western New York Region.An integral driver of the arts and culture scene in Cattaraugus County for more than ten years now, CCAC is poised to take a larger role in the region. In fact, a vision statement for CCAC is that we're transforming the Southern Tier into a better place to live. We're doing that through education, service, and community outreach.
In fact, everything CCAC does supports that statement. Every class we teach, every child who paints, every event we promote, every festival we support is for the purpose of making this beautiful place we live an even better place. An interesting place. A stimulating place. A quality place.
The Cattaraugus County Arts Council (CCAC) is offering an advanced art course in painting and ceramics for high school art students in its Community Art and Pottery Studio. The courses will be reimbursed through your school’s BOCES Cooperative Services Agreement (CoSer).
• Fall 2011 class: Impasto Acrylic Painting and Ceramic Workshop: Pinch, Squeeze, and Slap
• Classes will run for 2 hours per week for eight weeks on Mondays from 4:00-6:00pm beginning October 17 (October 17, 24 November 7, 14, 21, 28, December 5, 12)
• All materials and supplies are included as well as open studio time for independent study and practice.
• Spring class will be taught by local accredited art teacher Heather Lee, who is also a well-respected artist and Geraldine Nash Smith who has taught at St Bonaventure for over 10 years.
• Students should be chosen by art teachers as capable and desiring of advanced art instruction; classes made up of similar students will enable learning and advancement.
• The courses will feature collegiate level instruction with a final formal review for inclusion in portfolio and potential for school credits.
• CAPS is a convenient handicap-accessible studio located at 100 W. Main St in Allegany, NY featuring a professional studio setting facilitating a total arts immersion experience.
If you are interested please contact Anne Conroy Baiter, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org